Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summertime!

So I'm heading to California until Monday, and I don't know if I'll be able to put anything up while I'm gone, so here's a collection of summertime songs (that preferably have the word summer in them).

First up is In the Summertime by The Rural Alberta Advantage. What can I say about this? It's gorgeous. It's soothing. The guys voice is way more engaging than the girls (which I feel is super rare). The music video is awesome! It's simple, but beautiful, just like the song. It gets me feeling nostalgic before they sing one word. Check it!

Next is a Decemberists song, Summersong. While soooo far from one of my favorite Decemberists songs, it has summer in the title, and it's always good to dust off all the songs that you usually skip over and see them in a new light. It's still really fantastic, and coming from the Decemberists, you can do no wrong! Actually after a few more listens, this one is growing on me once more!
Third is Summer Shakedown from Slow Club. Once again, not the song I would usually show off from them, but giving it fresh ears, Slow Club--like The Decemberists--prove that anything they release is fantastic. Check out everything of Slow Club's, they're amazing! Our Most Brilliant Friends is incredible...Here's Summer Shakedown though:
Ok. Just discovered this. Doesn't have 'Summer' in it, but it makes up for that by having Daniel Radcliffe singing along to a Slow Club song!
Alright, Those have all been a little slow and wispy, like a summer morning, here's some geared more for the summer nights.
Pretty mellow original song, Summertime Sadness, by Lana Del Rey, everyone's favorite blogosphere starlet, remixed by Reich and Bleich...can you guess where they're from? Nothing crazy, but Lana sounds pretty good when she's not flubbing her Saturday Night Live appearances.




Finally, here's some crazy noises and the word summertime every once in a while! It's actually super catchy, and transitions well from dubstep-y-ness into smooth, cool stuff.


Well I'm off. Hope I'll be back on here soon! For now, I'm Going Back to Cali...

2 comments:

  1. Love the beginners video! Daniel Radcliffe adds a whole new level of emotion to the song I never felt before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! I had never seen it until I was searching youtube for Summer Shakedown. Makes me miss Slow Club and Harry Potter...

    ReplyDelete