Saturday, December 29, 2012

Soko: I Kill Her (Hannes Fischer Remix)

Eerie promises of death and murder aren't usually my cup of tea (I guess I do listen to the Decemberists) , but boy do they work for this song! Soko, the French singer and actress, released this creepy little song in 2007, and it reached the number one spot on the Danish iTunes (don't ask me about the French-Danish connection). She's even been featured in a Cee Lo Green song! This remix really fleshes out the song and makes it even more chilling and tantalizing! The song doesn't really start until a minute in, and then her awesome voice talks the listener through her jealousy and why, ultimately, she wants to kill this other girl. It's spooky at times, so matter of fact that its pretty funny at others, and the whole thing is just very different and fun to listen to! I love 4:26, her voice is great and there's a bit of uncertainty and it sounds like a real conversation. Anyway, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment