Friday, August 24, 2012

Cry Wolf: Killin' It (EDM and Slow Nice Stuff!)

Tents are all about imagination.

I'll let that sink in for a second...Whenever you're in a tent, it opens up a whole new world. The internet and video games are replaced by ghost stories and cards, staying up late watching hulu is warped into staying up discussing life, the universe and everything. Within those flimsy zippered walls all sorts of possibilities are unleashed. Every creaking branch and whispering wind is transformed into the most ghoulish and terrifying monstrosity our minds can conjure. Basically, tents are intense (see what I did there?).

That above stroke of brilliance came to me over the last few nights while sleeping in a tent, and ever since I've been trying to think of a way to make a music post about it. All my songs that have the words 'tent', 'imagine' and 'camping' didn't quite fit, so I basically just chose a song that showed some imagination (and sounds like the kind of thing you might listen to while camping).

I've already put Krewella up on the site once, but they are necessary for this one. Their song 'Killin' It' has some cool vocal elements, and as usual looks crazy and fun.
The imagination comes in when Cry Wolf completely transforms this dubsteppy track into a soft, crooning, gorgeous track. He must have brought his piano to the tent...

No comments:

Post a Comment