Thursday, August 30, 2012

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Thrift Shop (Hip-hop)

I'd like to start by saying that I know I've already done a Macklemore post, and I want to try not to repeat myself on here, but I think that I should make an exception to let people know about new stuff (or newly discovered gems) from previously posted artists. So Macklemore's 'Thrift Shop'! The song is catchy and goofy, the visuals for the video are stellar, and the production by Ryan Lewis is spot on as usual. Macklemore's songs are always either some stuff to really get you thinking and self-reflecting, or something so jammable that you don't have a single thought going through your head but to jump about and have a good time. This certainly is in the latter category, and has a fun, more comical vibe. Also major props to him and Ryan, because they are currently sitting at #4 on the iTunes Hip Hop/Rap charts, and (I'm fairly certain) are the only independent artists in the top 10! He's been stoked the last few days as it's climbed the charts, being blown away back when it broke top 40. So go out and support Thrift Shop on iTunes!
This music video looks UNREAL. Who knew all the fun that could come out of a visit to the thrift shop!
Here's the link for the iTunes download in case you're lazy like me...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707

No comments:

Post a Comment