Tuesday, April 2, 2013

7th Galaxy: Unexpected Consequences (Chill Trip-hop)

Shoutout to Keaton Brown for showing me not just this song, but a panoply of lovely music over the last few weeks! A lover of numerous styles, and just as eager--perhaps even more so--to share music with the world, Keaton has found some super sick stuff, and I hope more people begin to feel inclined to send me the music they're digging, I have absolutely NO authority musically, and your ears are just as entitled to their opinions as mine! SHARE, PLEASE! 

Keaton's dope find today is a beautiful trip-hop track written and composed by 7th Galaxy that borrows some soundbites from the ever-inspirational and oh-so-sampleable Alan Watts. This song is ultra relaxing, and honestly it's impossible not to get caught up in Alan Watt's rhythmic voice and profound words. Form a harmonic relationship with this song pronto! The first sample lasts until 1:05 then a dreamy soundscape transports you until Watts breaks in again at 4:07. This is really something beautiful. Enjoy and thanks again to Keaton Brown for the wonderful find! 

2 comments:

  1. check my new album sometime it's called Polyphonic Folklore, and thank you for posting this track, definitely one of my best so far! peace
    7th Galaxy
    http://7thgalaxy.bandcamp.com/album/polyphonic-folklore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this song! Thanks for the Bandcamp link man, you're hard to find! I'm really enjoying your stuff! It means so much to me when one of the artists I post actually sees it and it means even more that you took the time to respond on here! Keep making great stuff!

      Delete