Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jason Mraz: Details In The Fabric (feat. James Morrison)

Jason Mraz is 'oh-so-very-middle-school', but this song came on during my late night soft-bliss 8tracks perusing, and I was reminded why I enjoyed him so much back in the day! Softer than my pillow, more answering machine messages than a businessmans office, and greater harmony than a zen master, this song is perfect for a lazy sunset, sitting on a wooden back porch looking intermittently between the middle distance mountain range being illuminated and your rugged yet playful dog laying still in the grass at your feet...

Or you know: most other situations. 

3:27 and onward is my favorite part by far. Voices begin to blend together, and then finally the end of the song concludes with another message from the same voice as in the beginning. What started as an angry, desperate message has been transformed by Jason's advice and by the end of the song is a more hopeful sentiment. And the penultimate line is way too classic. 

"I feel like you're an island of reality in an ocean of diarea." 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment