Monday, July 22, 2013

Year One Of The Blog Complete: What An Experience!

I really have no words for this. It's unfathomable to me that: one, I'm still here writing these posts about music that I thought would last for a few weeks maybe before I got lazy or ran out of quality music, and two: that all of you magical, amazing, inspiring people are still here, somehow muddling through the codswallop and ramblings that compose the bulk of these blog entries. 

The amount of support, feedback (honestly there's been meager feedback, you people are terrible communicators, haha), and love I've gotten for the blog has been out of this world! What started with 15 likes on facebook, and maybe 20 views a day has exploded into 163 followers, over 18,000 page views, listeners in Russia, Germany, France, Brazil, South Korea, Latvia, Canada, Mexico, Ukraine, The Philippines, Thailand, Australia, China, and just today, Lebanon and Singapore! I've gotten to share music with people around the world, have been far more motivated to search out music for myself, and have learned bushels and bundles about artists, blogging, my sleep patterns, and about what I want to do in the future. 

Artists have contacted me after I post about them, bands have requested write-ups, my dad has even attempted dipping his toe into the wide waters of the internet! I wouldn't trade one of the late night write ups, not one of the writers-blocks (or song-blocks), or any of the posts I was super excited for having zero interest in them. This has been a journey I would take again in a heartbeat, and I fully intend to keep writing, expanding, and listening for another year to come! If nothing else, the blog has served as a kind of diary of my musical migrating, my aural odyssey, my jazzy jaunt, my sumptuous saunter, my alliterative adventure, and my warbling wayfaring over the past year! 

I can't thank each and every one of you enough! If you read and listen religiously every day, or if you have stopped by once, it means so much to me that music I love is being dispersed to more and more ears! I can't wait to sally forth into a second year of this, and I hope that you all will bear with me, plug in your headphones, and continue on this crazy venture with me! I love you all and thank you all so much again! Happy July 23rd and may the music stay magical!!!!!!! :) 

What? 
You're still here?
You expect music from this music blog?
Well, fine you needy parasites! 

I'm tempted to dump some Rihanna on you all with 'Please Don't Stop The Music', but I guess I'll keep it a little less mainstream than that with some Regina Spektor. Her voice is way too epic and her lyrics way too wild and fun and goofy! 
"But when I do the dishes...I run the water very very very hot!"
"It's the greatest voyage in the history of plastic"
"It tastes like soap, but doesn't really taste like soap."

Those are priceless! Her song 'Music Box' is wacky, rambling, but (I think), pretty awesome after all's said and done: kind of like this blog! Enjoy!

For some Electronic flavor (for those bold or bored enough to still be reading this uncannily long post) here's the fairly aptly named 'The Music's Not Over' by PANTyRAID (terrible band name, we're agreed). There's some cool vocal distortion and glitchy sounds! 


I'll let you all go now! What a year, here's to the next one! NEXXXXXXTTTTTT YEARRRRRRR: Two Door Cinema Club!
Tell your friends about the blog, tell your pets, tell your therapist you've been reading too many of these! I'd love to pass 200 followers sometime soonish, and everything really helps! Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment