Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Age Of Rockets: Avada Kedavra

The Age Of Rockets, or as some call them, PH Bro, (no-one calls them that except Meghan, who adorably heard their name wrong) are a fun loving group with some killer songs. A really interesting blend of melancholy tinged with indie pop sounds, The Age Of Rockets impress me with subtle nuances every time they come on. Enjoy! 

'Elephant & Castle' begins in a breathless whirl of chanting that carries on throughout the whole ballad, supporting luminous main lyrics. Also, gorgeous violins abound! As varied a song as the disparate objects in its title! 

I would share a few more key tracks of the album, (highlights include 'What Story Down There Awaits Its End' and 'Avada Kedavra'), but I just learned somewhat to my chagrin that the rocket crew are now giving away their entire album for free. I'm glad I bought it and supported them, but some notice would have been nice! Anyway, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER you shouldn't hop on over to Bandcamp right here and download the whole 12 song album! Bit of a funny thing, the web address looks like "the ago o' frockets" if you're a poor reader. Yah...just a bit of a funny thing. Anyway, snag this album while it's hot (including an EXTRA Tegan and Sara cover that I didn't even get buying the damn thing) and revel in brilliant free music! 

And since all our lives could use a little more synthpop, I stumbled upon this gem while doing research for tonights post. (yes, I do research for each one. I put a heck of a lot of time into this thing for you people!) With less than 300 plays on their song, Skywriter do an amazing job with 'Avada Kedavra'! Enjoy and snatch this one up for free as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment