Friday, June 28, 2013

Deviations Project: Pavanorama (Chill Violin Floatstep)

First off: look at those badasses. You just know their music's going to be good, haha. 

The inspiration for this post came from the most unexpected of places. From a hole in the ground wherein lived a...wait, wait, that's The Hobbit, no, my inspiration came from my coworker. The man I worked with today had a most curious taste in music, the likes of which I had not experienced before. Another coworker described it as, "A Racist blend of Southern Country and Redneck Rap that was certainly not appropriate to be blasting at a family establishment! Also some Megadeath." I think he put it quite well. I was forced to put on song after song that I didn't care for in the slightest, and cringe as some of the lyrics and absurdity of what was happening washed over me. I realized that the softer, perhaps more PG music I was playing earlier could have sounded as abrasive and unpleasant to his ears as his favorite music sounded to mine. After my high and mighty revelation I did my best to not bat a lash, (or take a bat to the speakers for that matter) at his music and felt very self-righteous and aloof. Classic hipster-music-pretentiousness, am I right!? 

Well continuing my 'my-music-is-better-than-yours' streak, here's some chill floatstep that's about as far from what I listened to all day as possible! Lil' bit o' bounce, lil' bit o' violin, lil' bit o' fun. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment