Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Earth, Wind & Fire: That's The Way Of The World (Final Night In Jackson)

I couldn't have asked for a more incredible summer. Gracious friends have welcomed me into their homes, marvelous mountains have welcomed me into their vast untamed reaches, and unreal experiences have fallen into my lap from veritably every direction! 

You never really realize how blessed you are in the moment until it has passed. Only after being away for school for a year and returning to Jackson have I realized how truly unique and awe-inspiring this place really is. The people, the outdoors, the very air seems tinged with a magical sense that this place is special, that the friendships forged here are forever, and that the memories made here in these mountains, swimming in these lakes, and reveling in all this beauty will last a lifetime. 

I won't lie to myself and say that I'm not saddened to be leaving Jackson once more, but nor will I delude myself into thinking this is the only magical place for me! California houses new and exciting adventures, new and old friends, and entire new worlds to discover. Jackson shall always be entwined firmly in my heartstrings, but the rest of the world awaits and just as one brilliant shining star in the sky can be marvelled at, enamored with, and studied for centuries without fully knowing all its secrets, you can't let that one star block out the whole wide and wonder-filled sky. Moving on and calling many places home is natural, and I couldn't be more excited for all that is to come! And hey, That's The Way Of The World

Earth, Wind & Fire deliver exactly what I need for my 2 days of driving back to California ahead. This is a classic everyone should know and keep close to their hearts. :) Love you all and enjoy! Thank you to everyone who has made this summer magical, and to everyone who will continue that magic in the months to come! 
"You will find peace of mind when you look way down in your heart and soul!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment