Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Lighthouse & The Whaler: White Days (Indie Bliss)

What a world, what a world! 

I was sitting here in my pajamas (Note: you never outgrow wearing pajamas, they are forever.) thinking of what to post, when I suddenly remembered how much I had adored hopping about and dancing to The Lighthouse and the Whaler that morning while eating breakfast (Note #2: Nothing improves your coordination and balance more than eating cereal while dancing)! I checked the blog, expecting that I'd posted them at least once before and lo and behold: my other Lighthouse and the Whaler post was exactly a year ago to the day! I think it's a sign from the holy triad--if triads had four parts--of whale bands (Lighthouse and the Whaler, Said the Whale, Noah and the Whale, Freelance Whales)! 

These guys just have such a great vibe, a wonderfully indie sensibility, and of course, the ever-a-great-sign of having 'whale' in their name! 'White Days' is too perfect with gorgeous lyrics that float so effortlessly into your ears atop twinkling bells and a driving beat. Handclap along and get lost in that voice! 

Not quite sure why this song isn't blowing up your radio...it's way too perfect. After only a few seconds, there's no going back. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment