Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Colourist: We Won't Go Home (Indie Gold)

Yes, yes (a reference to one of their songs, called 'yes, yes') here I am posting about The Colourist again...you really don't need to rub it in any more that I didn't see them at Coachella when I had the chance: it's a very sensitive subject! I didn't know about them yet, ok! 

Well, now that that little outburst is out of the way. The Colourist are awesome. Catchy, lovely contrast of male/female vocals, and a sound that you can get lost in. The biggest shame about them is their lack of released material! I've been hooked on 'We Won't Go Home' for the last few weeks, and it just won't get out of my head! The hook is so damn sing-alongable! Seven seconds in and you can color me impressed! The call and response early in the song is amazing, and the second that they start chanting about how they are disinclined to acquiesce to the request of their return home...I love it. Enjoy and buy the whole Lido EP here pronto! 

With more close-ups than a hipsters instagram feed, the music video for 'Little Games' is an indie wet dream of good tunes, good angles, and melancholy. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment