Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Three Seconds A Day: A Movie Of My Life! (Music By Smallpools: Over And Over)

A month and a half ago, a friend told me about the awesome idea of chronicling a few seconds of my life each and every day, and compiling them together into a living record of my existence. Since then I've learned to more fully appreciate the precious moments, and to try and find the remarkable on even the most drab of days. Filming, editing, exploring, and splicing together this adventure has been incredible fun, and I hope to continue making these into the future! I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my average (three second) day! 

Choosing the right song to be the backbeat and living pulse of my last few months was exceedingly difficult, and I listened to hundreds of tracks before settling on 'Over and Over'. It captures the breathless excitement of life, tinged with the knowledge that it is fleeting so we have to make every second last. When I was nearly done with the video I got to see Smallpools live, headlining for one of their first times ever, and before they played this song, frontman Sean Scanlon said that the song was supposed to capture the feeling of having a day that is humdrum and dull, and suddenly, out of the blue, having one of the best nights of your life. With a little spontaneity, heart, and positivity, you can make every night one to live 'Over and Over'! 

I can't thank enough all the friends, family, and extraordinary places that populate the confines of this little movie, and I can't even begin to imagine all the fantastical places and people that will fill the coming months! Thank you all, and happy New Years! Let's all make 2014 a year worthy of wanting to live over and over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment