Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Regina Spektor: My Dear Acquaintance [A Happy New Year]

There's no way. 

It can't already be another year. That's simply not possible! So much has happened personally, internationally, politically, pop-culturally, technically, musically and most other 'lys' this year! It seems like only yesterday I was sharing Gogol Bordello's wild, wacky, and fun 'Start Wearing Purple', but it was a year ago. My writing seems to have gone downhill since then, or maybe I just had more time in the ol' days. Read last years post here, it's full of memories! 

This year is a more tranquil but more 'New Years Eve' appropriate song by everyones favorite Soviet Union born singer Regina Spektor! I think that the lovely lyrics
A happy new year to all that is living
To all that is gentle, young, and forgiving
Raise your glass and we'll have a cheer
My dear acquaintance, a happy new year
speak for themselves. It's kind of a beautiful song to sit back and reflect on all the good times with all the good people that you've enjoyed this past year. :) 

Enjoy, and thanks for another amazing year! Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment