Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ra Ra Riot: Is It Too Much

The end of January is shaping up to be legendary what with todays release of 'Beta Love' (Ra Ra Riots' new album), 'Hummingbird', the latest from Local Natives, a Walk The Moon EP, Tegan and Sara next week, and Justin Biebers acoustic CD next week as well (don't worry, I'm joking about that last one). Also apparently Daft Punk may grace us with crazy robot sounds this year, The Postal Service may get back together, Vampire Weekend has an album coming in the spring, and The Wombats are in the studio...MY GOSH THERE IS SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!!!!!!! 
Some of the things worth living for are already here in the form of 'Beta Love'! The title track itself is legendary and probably remains my favorite, yet the whole album is wonderful (my only complaint would be its brevity, amounting to only a half hour of music). Here're my top tracks thus far! 

1.) 'Beta Love': It's been out for a while, and thus has grown on me for the longest, but boy has it grown! It's so catchy and just wonderful! 


2.) 'Is It Too Much': Calmer and more floating than 'Beta Love', the lilting, cyclical delivery of the lyrics just hooks me in and makes my day! Enjoy!


3.) Lastly, 'Angel Please' is just great! It seems that they're focusing far more on lyrics and using their voices as the primary driving force of the song, and when Wes Miles raises his voice to plead, "Oh angel please, please stay with me", it's an experience to say the least!


I wish I could put up every song, but you are all a busy bunch, and I encourage you to go buy the album and listen to it yourself! Every song is great, and this was exactly the remedy I needed to a bad case of Ra Ra Riot withdrawal. I beta love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment