Monday, January 21, 2013

Two Hours Traffic: Stuck For The Summer

A little insight on how I sometimes choose my song posts: I drove in a lot of traffic this weekend, and was on the beach and felt rather summery...so you get a band with 'traffic' in their title, and a song about summer! I know what you're thinking, "Damn son...Miles really takes wild leaps of imagination and bravery for these blog posts." What a nice thought beloved reader! Thanks! 
So these guys DO have a good song that has more merit than simply containing keywords. 'Stuck For The Summer' is a pleasant indie-pop diamond that was never quite discovered in the rough. Catchy refrain, and quite fun, especially from the 1:55 mark and onward! The official music video for this literally put me to sleep, and honestly the Soundcloud links' little rises and falls are more engaging (not to say the song's boring at all! It's great, but a video of farm activities and such just didn't pull me in). Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment