Friday, December 6, 2013

Fanfarlo: Luna

What band is complete only with blowup orcas, dolphins, and a Tweety Bird? Fanfarlo, that's who! As far as London based indie bands go, they're pretty standard. You know, incorporating modern escape artists reenacting Harry Houdini's Hanging Straightjacket Escape into their live shows, and of course describing their sound as "Space Opera meets Spaghetti Western". God I love bands. :) 

The song I'm digging was introduced to me through Meghan's impeccable music taste, and I just can't get enough of 'Luna'. Catchy and consistently progressing throughout its duration, things get interesting when they fade out at the 2:53 mark and caress your eardrums with soft violin and gorgeous accordion. I just love the last minutes of this song. You could call me a FANfarlo. Stunning. Enjoy! 


Check out their live version below! Equally wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment