Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Smallpools: No Story Time

Ok, I promise this is the last in my series of posts about the bands I saw last week, I just wanted to give each and every group proper due for being the incredible artists that they are! 

Smallpools...what can I say. When I first heard Smallpools, it was through a remix by The Chainsmokers of their song 'Dreaming'. I didn't really give it much thought, and in fact wholeheartedly disagreed with the blog I was on that these guys were going to be huge, I found the song annoying. Flash forward a few weeks and I hear the original version of 'Dreaming' on another blog, and I decided to download it just because everyone was raving about it, not because I particularly enjoyed it. I forget about the song for a while, and then one day while I'm listening to my recently added on iTunes what should I hear but 'Dreaming'. My toes started tapping uncontrollably, my body was grooving within seconds, and the rest is history. I don't know why it took so long for it to get through my thick skull how incredible Smallpools is, but I'm ever so glad I kept giving them a chance, because since that day I've seen them twice live and would count all four of their released songs as among my top 100 songs! 

Headlining The Troubadour was one of Smallpools's dreams ever since going to a show there and seeing the pure ecstasy of the headliner playing a sold-out show. Well, last Friday I got to share in the experience of Smallpools making that dream a reality and playing to a sold out crowd that could not get enough of their infectious sound! Their tracks are the DEFINITION of my Hipster-dance-party playlist and just bring such good energy to any setting. It is their song 'Over and Over' that defined my year and is the soundtrack to a music video of my life that I'm making, and their music that gets me dancing, running, or driving in the perfect mood. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't yet experienced the rather large sound that is Smallpools, I suggest that you change that this instant. They really are wonderful. :) 


If you weren't one of the kind people who helped elevate their debut single and music video 'Dreaming' to one million views, then be one of the awesome people who gets it to its second million! Lovely video people!

No comments:

Post a Comment