Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Guster: Ruby Falls (100th Post!)

What an incredible journey this has been so far.
Over the course of these 100 posts:
-You wonderful people have visited the page over 3,500 times
-Listeners have been from the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Cayman Islands, the Netherlands, Canada, Sweden, Australia, Italy, Mexico, China, Argentina, Indonesia, and many other nations!
-Somehow there have only been 16 published comments...you people must be much better at keeping in what you have to say than I am.
And most importantly, I've had an absolute blast and (I hope) have been giving you music you want to absolutely blast!


Speaking of incredible journeys, Guster's 'Ruby Falls' is quite the journey, and I think appropriate for the roller-coaster-esque and wonderful experience the blog has been so far.
This 7:07 (already auspicious!) masterpiece is gorgeous. Starting off very tranquil, it lulls you onto the path to Ruby Falls. At 53 seconds it begins to pick up, but still in a laid back and soothing way, yet you feel yourself starting to groove. 2:20 sees it crescendo into massive guitar riffs and cool noises and Guster continues to croon at you. Suddenly at 4:14 you are carried to a magical place that I think literally stirred my heart around in my chest as if with one big beautiful spatula.
I live for the second half of this song. My god. At 5:48 a saxophone joins the otherworldly euphoria and brings the song to one of the most satisfying finales I've ever heard. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE listen to this song all the way through, because the last few minutes are incredible but lose all their potency without the rest of the song! Enjoy enjoy enjoy and keep coming back!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe if it was a little easier to find that little place you have to click on to make a comment you'd find more of them! Just located it after several former tries.

    ReplyDelete