Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: Ten Thousand Hours (Hip-Hop)

Third Macklemore post...I'm well aware. He deserves it though! The Heist was released today, and my goodness what a release it was! Reaching the top of the iTunes charts (as an independent artist!!!!) and staying there over the course of the day has been epic. All over campus I've heard people playing it, or discussing it, and it's sweet to see people coming together over music.
If you haven't already, go out and support Macklemore & Ryan Lewis! I've already listened to the album three times through, during which 'Thrift Shop' has grown on me immensely, 'Same Love' continues to make me teary eyed, and every other song makes me think, or dance, or both! 'Ten Thousand Hours' is one of my favorites so far and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well.
Also, if you've been living under a bigoted rock and haven't seen the music video for 'Same Love' yet, you need to experience it in all its tear jerking, seven minute splendor!
For now I promise I'll lay off the Macklemore...until his next release.

No comments:

Post a Comment