Friday, March 8, 2013

Bon Iver: Woods (Zeds Dead Remix)




These pictures of Bon Iver were just too great! I couldn't only do one! Today's post is grimy, gorgeous, gnarly, and probably a lot of other words that start with the letter G...gangsterlicious anyone? The vocal made famous by Kanye West's 'Lost In The World' did indeed belong to Bon Iver before that hit, and that gorgeous original is what Zeds Dead transforms into a bass heavy, wonderment heavier track! This song deserves to be played loud, proud, loud, and umm...let me see...loud! So tastefully done, I can't get enough of this one! Thanks to A.J. Fazzio for exposing me to its reverberations! Get yourself up in some woods, get down in your mind, build a still, and let this slow down your mind. By the way that last sentence was a reference to the lyrics of the song, not a sign of me going crazy. Enjoy!



Also, since my brain is tiny and I thought Zeds Dead was the same as Zedd, here's a splendid--as always--mash up by the Jane Doze which uses such great samples ranging from Zedd to Youngblood Hawke and is perfect to blast this weekend.

1 comment: