Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Deadmau5: Strobe (Mr. FijiWiji Remix Charlie Chaplin Edit)

I don't know what it is, the spring doldrums (is that a thing?), an overload of EDM and poppy indie exuberance? Maybe it's the rouge gray hair I found last week... "dese ol' ears ain't what they used ta be sonny!" Whatever it is, slow, tranced out, images-of-space-conjuring music has been my jam the last few days! Mr. FijiWiji (golly the hip names these youngun whippersnappers think of dese days!) luckily has me set in the beautiful trance department! With an entire collection just of Deadmau5 remixes, he's got the goods. 

FijiWiji's remix of 'Strobe' is just way too perfect. With headphones on and some peaceful quiet around you, this thing transports your soul. At 1:58, the bliss fades out and a brilliant Charlie Chaplin soundbite pops up and you're just like, "whoa! Dude, Charlie Chaplin flippin kills it!" After you've realized how silly and stoned you sounded saying that, the song bursts into full-bodied life once more, only to lovingly return to Chaplin in its final seconds. Unlike some of my EDM or chillstep stuff I put up and just kind of haphazardly glaze over, I really think this one's worth listening to! Enjoy! 


Snag the entire Deadmau5 remix project here, for the low price of a facebook like! Have a glorious Wednesday (especially you Meghan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment