Monday, May 13, 2013

Brad Yazzolino: Black Spiral Vinyl

I'm beyond excited to share with you all a song far closer to home and to my heart than any song I've previously posted! My very own uncle ventured into the studio to record a track spanning the very history of recorded music! Laying down a tribute to Vinyl and all the memories associated with those bygone spinning discs, Brad creates a hopeful and soulful nostalgia which makes me want to run to the nearest record store. 

A veritable love hymn to the classiest way to listen to music I can think of, 'Black Spiral Vinyl' is music that sparks deep musical thought and reflection, and conjures images of an era devoid of iTunes, MP3's, and 'digital', and made all the more intimate through a tangible and more engaged experience with music. Brad himself describes the motives and background of his song as:

We all hear so many great songs in our lifetime. In this song I wanted to try to summarize that experience. 
I'm a life long record collector, and this song is about recorded music in our lives.

Brad sings,"this big vinyl circle sums my little life up", and I'd like to think that my own experience has somewhat mirrored Brad's love affair with Vinyl. My formative musical years were all fostered upon my father's extensive CD collection, but my own blossoming and sudden exploration of music began with digital music, and all the love, awe, and memories I possess lie in tightly compressed music files sitting on my harddrive. With each advancement in music technology some intrinsic human element is lost, but at the same time, ease and accessibility improve, and in a different time it would be impossible for me to share Brad's song with you over the internet and let it be so widely dispersed digitally. Once again, Brad says it best with the echo-y and future sounding lyric: 
"digital is cool, and easier too. Someday it'll be old school".

But enough ado! You all want to hear this debonair debut, this promising premiere, this terrific tribute! Here (and hear) it is in all its glory! Enjoy!

Be sure to support the track on youtube above, on Vimeo here:
Black Spiral Vinyl (music video) from Brad Yazzolino on Vimeo.

Purchase from iTunes here.

And from CD Baby right here. Note: CD Baby sends you a stupendous email from their 'e-Gnome Emissaries' when you download from them! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment