Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vampire Weekend: Modern Vampires Of The City

FINALLLLLLY! I've been dying for a Vampire Weekend post ever since I eventually broke down and started streaming their album on iTunes. Modern Vampires of the City is at long last out, after a wait as unbearable as absolute zero temperatures! The rumors are true, this album is slightly moodier and slower than their others, but fear not, for Vampire Weekend has lost none of its bite (get it!?). Still absolutely amazing, these New York lads have matured and for once growing up isn't bad! This album kicks major, sophisticated ass! Enjoy!

I've already premiered 'Step', still probably my favorite of the album (if you missed it, revel in it's awesomeness here), but closely following 'Step' is the clever play on words 'Ya Hey' an allusion to...well I'll let you decide for yourself. "Through the fire and through the flames" has been stuck in my head for days! So great, and boy what a slow-mo party these bloodsuckers host! 

You thought all the rambunctious fun energy had drained from The Vamps sails? Think again! Sadly the only legal audio for me to post is a go-pro video of a baby's swim lesson...I guess that's how they'd want it to be? Ignore the video and listen to this crazyness! I'll try to upload a better version soon! 
Buy the whole album right now with this magical link of destiny! Have a worry-free Wednesday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment