Monday, May 27, 2013

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories

It's been a long time coming, is kind of irrelevant at this point, but by thunder this Nyquil shan't stop me now! 

So I started this blog July 23rd last year, and have since posted over 270 times, had nearly 16,000 page visits, and have eaten over 1547.6 pounds of food. It's been an incredible journey (with a few bellyaches) and all the memories shall last forever. I've just finished my freshman year of college, and it has been in the university setting that the bulk of my music blogging has sprung. No other place in my life has been so diverse, so enlightening, and so musically fruitful! I've met amazing people, traveled unbelievable places, fallen in love, gone to concerts and music festivals, and have learned, lived, and listened more than ever before. Wouldn't it be lovely if there was some way...some music source, that could tap into my brain and bring all these precious memories to the surface? That's where Daft Punk comes in.

Random Access Memories is an experience. It's not as ground-shakingly, earth-shatteringly, seismic-activity-intensive as I was expecting, but then again my expectations were higher than Snoop Lion is right now. What RAM (interestingly enough also referring to a type of data retrieval in computers) does is far more subtle than changing the entire EDM market. No, no. Instead it leaves EDM far behind and creates something all its own: electronic music that transcends the harsh metallic robot sounds of its origins, and moves into a realm of real instruments that still move you more than any electro ever could.  Each song is smoother than Nutella and more comfortable than dorm mattresses (most mattresses for that matter) and conjures the fondest of remembrances. 

So yadda-yadda-yadda, college is life-changing and I miss it already, yadda-yadda, Daft Punk push musical boundaries every day, blah-blah, LET'S LISTEN ALREADY!!! 

Daft Punk starts off their album doing what Daft Punk (lifeless robots with more soul than most humans) does best! Giving life back to music! Let some music into your hearts people! 
'The Game of Love' is sad, TOTALLY AMAZING, and proves Daft Punk still has it with those robo-voices! 


"I've been, for sometime,
Looking for someone
I need to know now
Please tell me who I am."
You're bloody brilliant, that's who you are! I present: 'Within'.

You lookin' to get your funky dance on!?!???? Look no further! This seriously makes you lose it! And with such a splendid montage of people losing themselves to dance, it's a concoction for cutting loose! 

Continuing the funky dance groove, Panda Bear teams up with the daftest of robots and creates another 80's dance fest where everybody will be dancing. If you don't love this than you're not 'Doin' It Right'. 

I've bored you all...I'm sorry! It's a great album, and you all should get it! It's really listenable for people of any and all musical leanings, it's just solid music all together! Happy Memorial Day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment