Saturday, May 4, 2013

Daft Punk: Get Lucky!!!!!!! A Groovy Compilation of Daft Sounds!

First and foremost I apologize for my hiatus since tuesday night, I was camping and was under the impression that the campsite would have limited wi-fi for me to do at least one post. Tragically for you, but luckily for me nature won out and I unplugged for a few days and got to enjoy amazing hikes, plenty of tasty plants, a tram ride to 8,500 ft, and some hot-springs dips. The blog is integral to my life, but not being bound by my musical obligations for a spell was refreshing and good for me! I'm back, I'm stoked, and the music is flowing fresh and fast!

I've been holding myself back in the most painful manner and trying to save my Daft Punk post for May 21st when their long awaited album drops, but I just couldn't contain myself any more! I'm beyond stoked for the french robot revolution to have its second coming. All of you, beloved readers, have gotten lucky along with Daft Punk in their song, for I've got a whole spectrum of robot funk in store for you!

So it all has to start somewhere. The original song with Pharrell Williams is incredible and unbeatable...you need to hear it, cherish it, and play it non-stop until the rest of the album comes to accompany it! Groovy, funky, and wonderful, the real daftness comes in at 2:21 and the stationary picture even starts grooving in the video! So great!
For a more remix-y feel that was released before the vocals were fully revealed, Vanderway provides an even more funked out remix! 3:11 and onward is something I think Daft Punk would be proud of, feel free to skip ahead if you're pinched for time!

Switching things up to a slow jam for the century, the always brilliant Daughter covers 'Get Lucky' for a stunningly unique and wildly divergent take on the track! Don't mistake slowness for boredom however, this cover is hauntingly wonderful!
And finally: my personal favorite! I think I may like this one more than the original! A cover by primarily youtube only artist George Barnett, this rendition has a ton of soul and energy and departs a little from the...ahem, pardon the cliche...'robotic' precision of the original. George is just having fun and seems to know that talent and enthusiasm may just help you get lucky! Enjoy all of the above and perhaps sound off in the comments below or on facebook about which you preferred! It'd be awesome to get some more audience participation! Until we meet again, groove your body, be daft, and by golly dance people!

No comments:

Post a Comment