Thursday, September 27, 2012

Asaf Avidan & the Mojos: One Day/Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix) (Beautiful Trance)

Ahhh. It feels nice to be writing about real music again. I stumbled upon (no, not on that website, I've actually never used it, I already waste plenty of time on the internet) this track last night at three in the morning and proceeded to listen to Wankelmut's entire discography. In a word--or two--great night.
This song is something else. Don't be intimidated by its length, it's worth every second. Extremely laid back, this song literally lowered my core body temperature it was so chill. I had to bundle up. It got crazy, or rather, ridiculously relaxing and not crazy.
A very simple vocal loop and a great underlying rhythm make up basically the entire song, and it's beautiful in its simplicity. PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS ON GOOD HEADPHONES! The voice does this awesome surround sound shenanigans and jumps around from ear to ear, and is epic with high quality headphones (which I don't pretend to own, I've got cheap over-ear Skullcandy's). Anyway, check this out, remain unperturbed by its nearly eight minute duration, and actually listen all the way through, there are tiny, amazing surprises hidden throughout!

Also, the site just passed 2,000 page views! So pumped! It's been an unbelievable journey so far and I sincerely am so grateful to everyone who has taken the time to check out this crazy little adventure I've embarked on!

No comments:

Post a Comment