Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Strokes: Machu Picchu (Brit-Indie-Rock-Goodness!)

From the introductory ascending whoop, right into the ridiculously vibe-ing and groovy guitar in the background, this song stands out. It never for a second becomes predictable, but at the same time goes exactly where you want it to. Ahhh, I had to double, triple, and then quadruple check that I hadn't posted this song yet, because it is soo good. Certainly up there in my favorites list. Chock full of the 'cool and different' sounds I love, while still rocking, and best of all, bringing it all down at the perfect moments, this song is gold. I really want to go to Machu Picchu at some point in my life (wink wink nudge nudge to any listeners with lots of money just lying around not being put to good use) but even that epic historical site is in for stiff competition for my fancy when compared with this. Enjoy, check out more Strokes, and heavens help me, find a way to make me go to bed earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment