Saturday, September 1, 2012

Zeds Dead & Omar Linx: You and I (Hip-hop)

This is some pretty different stuff for me, certainly not what I listen to on a day to day basis. When I do listen to this stuff though, I get way into it and find tons of different artists and songs that are similar and just go wild. This song is ultra laid back, with a very nice beat and progression courtesy of Zeds Dead, and a soft half-spoken, half-sung female chorus. Omar Linx then jumps on the track and for some reason or another his 'sick flow' (can't believe I just said that) works for me, unlike so many rappers. He curses a bit and most likely says something offensive to one group or another (I don't get most of the references in 90% of hip-hop or rap) so I apologize in advance, but it seems pretty supportive and positive to me. Anyway, really chill song, cool background sounds, catchy female vocals, and a rapper I can hang with (wow, did I really just say that too? What's happening to me?) All in all a solid track! Download below and have a stupendous saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment