Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Csókolom: Amari Szi Amari

Happy unconventional tuesday! It's not every day that you get to go to a Ra Ra Riot concert, and that's exactly what I'll be doing this fine tuesday! I'm stoked out of my mind and have been waiting for this concert for some time, and thought I'd sneak in something crazy and unusual before I'm coming in late at night on a Ra Ra Riot high! Csókolom (of COURSE I know how to pronounce their name, what do you take me for?) is, well, I have no idea...but I love this song and have ever since I first heard it in the 'Everything Is Illuminated' soundtrack. By the way: amazing soundtrack, check it out if you haven't! 

Their music is described as, "Hungarian and Romanian village music, Gypsy songs, French musette waltzes etc."Sounds varied and awesome enough for me! 

'Amari Szi Amari' is the heartwarming tale of when Miles makes up the meaning of a song in a language he doesn't speak, and boy do the lyrics touch my heart! Literally, though, great violin and vocals which I'm sure are genre defining! 

Enjoy this wild and crazy video (in which I have no idea what is going on...they just say random sounds sometimes mid-song) and have a tubular tuesday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment