Friday, February 15, 2013

Purity Ring: Grammy (Soulja Boy Cover)

Ah how bigoted and ignorant I am while I pretend to be all high and mighty! My 100% intention was to bash on Soulja Boy, make fun of him and say how much Purity Ring had improved his laughable original. All of this...without having listened to the original! 

Well that's a pretty limited world view don't you think? Just because I had only exposed myself to 'Pretty Boy Swag' and 'Crank That Soulja Boy' is no excuse to not give him a chance! And you know what!? I enjoyed the original! Purity Ring's remix is so stupendously awesome because they had something decent to work with! Anyway, I was just inproportionally proud of my musical openness. 

Purity Ring does KILL this song! Their hipster-trap-for-cool-people-who-love-cool-things (their name, not mine)...(ok, you got me, that is my name for their brand of epicness), just makes every song they touch turn to gold! Seriously, just press play and let the female vocals amidst the bounciest and trippiest beat I've heard in a while elevate you! Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment