Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Everything Everything: Kemosabe

I believe an apology is in order...I encouraged (and continue to encourage!) everyone and everyone to send me great new artists and songs they too are discovering, and here I was sitting on this gem for quite some time that our own Leif Huot had sent me! You may know Leif as the suave savant who unicycles and ukuleles, or perhaps as a pen pal, for he is the most worldly person I know, spreading his zaniness far and wide across the globe. Leif also happens to have the coolest (and oft-times craziest) music I've ever heard! Whenever you place an earphone to your ear when it has been proffered by Leif, you know you're in for a treat! 

Leif continues to exemplify good taste, even while being busy being awesome at college, and graced me with Everything Everything! This band has...well, everything! They sound like a mix between Bloc Party and every other band. I have no idea how to describe their sound, each song is really stupendous, and I think that's all my ears and heart need to know! Leif succinctly described them as: 
         one of the most technically advanced hook driven pop groups out there
Don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of hearing Miles gab, and want to hear some hook driven pop! 
'Kemosabe' This song blows my mind. Five listens in, and I can't get enough! Enjoy it NOW! 

And goodness gracious Leif, I've been trying to cut down my excessively long posts and I strive to only force one song on people, but it's just too good! Don't cheat yourself by skipping out on 'Cough Cough'! His delivery borders on rap and this song just drives with its pounding drums and energy! Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment