Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ra Ra Riot: Massachusetts (Kisses Remix)

Forgive the poor photo quality, but I was that flipping close to Ra Ra Riot this tuesday! It was incredible! I was so awestruck and overcome that I couldn't even bring myself to do a blog post (that, and a combination of homework and the lateness of the hour of our return). Ra Ra Riot rocked the house and put on a rousing and inspired show, even amidst a crowd that was as energetic as a pair of dusty socks. The too-hipster-to-dance crowd couldn't dampen the indomitable spirits of Ra Ra Riot however! They played songs from their entire gorgeous repertoire, highlighting new tracks off of Beta Love and returning to older classics such as 'Boy' and 'Dying is Fine'. 
It was a night to remember and even the openers blew my mind (don't worry, I'm exploring their music now and will introduce you all later). Ra Ra Riot managed to show me how versatile they are as a band and I glimpsed new facets and parts of songs I'd never noticed before. Since I sadly can't transport all of you to the concert to hear it for yourself, I thought I'd get as close to 'new takes' on some classic Ra Ra Riot with my favorite remixes of their work to date. The originals forever have a special place in my heart, but these remixes bring something different and poignant to the table, for they are cognizant and respectful of the purity and brilliance of the originals. Enjoy!

Kisses take 'Massachusetts' to one hell of a cool place with this one! Very dreamy and calming, their slant on the song is perfect! 



Hitting just a titch harder, Xristo's remix of 'When I Dream' is epic! The original has become one of my favorite of their new songs, and this tweaks and tinkers with it, adding flair, but detracting nothing. Worth a listen and download!



And in the spirit of Valentines Day, this one's a love song for the ages. Lovely lyrics, typical awesome background accompaniment, and lines like, "When I look in your eyes, I tend to lose my thoughts" couldn't be more true! Share this one with someone special! Enjoy!


I love you Meghan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment